Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson

Where does the oil go in the system. the instr. with the new

Customer Question

where does the oil go in the system. the instr. with the new compressor say to add on the suction side and on the pressure side. I was told at the parts store to drain the oil out of the plug on the side of the compressor and add it there. I have a 99 IH 9200 with a york style compressor. I am changing the accumulator, the compressor, the evaporator valve and a couple of the hoses.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

With compressor off or on new compressor install. you can add it to the plug on the side of the compressor before installation. If compressor was installed, you can add it through the suction side of the compressor as you vacuum the system. Never add it to the high pressure side. The oil will circulate with the refrigerant.