Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technician turned service manager on multiple lines of trucks and engines, used in industry.

Go away, Getting diesel to injecter pump change both filters

Customer Question

Go away
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Getting diesel to injecter pump change both filters one stopped up it will run for one min and die 580B case backhoe
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: thats it
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

On the top of the injection pump cover is a return line and check valve. Remove the check valve and check it for being plugged with debris. If the return is plugged the housing builds pressure and the governor kills the engine. It may be a sign of the injection pump failing. If it does it again, figure the pump is failing.

Did you get me response?