Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

There was a? Light, then a sound of air leak. The truck

Customer Question

There was a ? Light, then a sound of air leak. The truck would move. Then it went a way.
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: I have had regen issue of late. However, said that issue was taken care of with recent work performed on the truck.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  go-west.. replied 3 months ago.
Good morning
Can I get some more details on what the problem is?Truck makeEngine makeAnything else would help ty
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
2009 freightliner, sleeper, Detroit engine, 800k miles.
Can I get some more details? Please
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Not sure what else I can give. I have 2009 Freightliner, Detroit engine with about 800k miles. I have had many issues with this truck. Last week, the stopped running. I took it to The Freightliner shop for repairs, would auto regen.This morning the driver informed that was a code "?" showing; the truck would not run - no power. The checked out the truck. There was loud air release. He could not detect the location of the air leak.Once the air leak stopped the truck now runs. I guess I should be happy. I am. But want to know what the code indicator was and the air release.I have not other details.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

What model is the Freightliner? Is it a Cascadia? Columbia? Century? Classic? Coronado? M2? There are many...

There is no question mark on the dash for any of them as far as codes go. There is one that has a exclamation point "!" inside a triangle for the ATC control, but I've never seen a question mark on the dash.

If it is the ATC then it was an issue with the brake system leaking and the rollover protection detected it. That is assuming you have a Cascadia.

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!