Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Did you get that problem fixed? I have the same problem?

Customer Question

did you get that problem fixed? I have the same problem?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.

Fuel in the oil? Make and model of the engine?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
7.8 l Isuzu 2007.

Let me opt out and get the right guy to help. Do not respond to me or it locks the question.

Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 6 months ago.

Hi Jaime, My name is***** will be glad to try to help but first I need the complete model information and engine serial number from your engine ID tag so I can identify your engine and correct fuel system.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Dan, thanks for getting back to me so soon. As far as getting the engine ID from the tag, that might take a little looking. But GM designated the RPO as LG4 and Isuzu the 6HK1. Which can also be translated as Duramax 7.8 litter 6 in-line.

Click on this link for some troubleshooting information on the 6HK1. Let me know if you need more help. I log in in between jobs so there might be some delays in response but I will always reply back on my next login if more help is needed.

Troubleshooting

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Based on prior experiences. What is the most common cause of diesel fuel in the oil? There are 3 possibilities: injector seat failure, return rail crack or steel washer and front injector pump seal failure. How can those 3 be tested?

Most common would be the injector pump seal. You would see this with the oil pan down and fuel leaking from the front timing cover area. Injectors you would need to pull inspect the cups and test the injectors, then reseal.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
As far as I remember the injector pump is located on the driver side facing towards the back of the truck/engine. And there is no way to see it, there are all the gears in the way if you try too look from the bottom without the oil pan in place. How is that pump tested? Does it have to be removed? I know for sure needs to be properly timed if removed. There is no rough running,nor smoke of any color. But there was a code p0087, I believe it was low fuel rail pressure and the truck would go into limp mode. So there must be a leak somewhere where the sensor picks the reading from in the high pressure rail or the pump itself. Question is: How can that be tested?

You would still see where the fuel is leaking from as it will run out and down the gear train. What is the complete engine model and serial number from the ID tag?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
That is my problem how do you see the leak if the truck cant run without the pan installed. The pump needs to be running to generate enough pressure in order to leak, I will have to look harder for the serial number on the engine. Where would that be?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Whenever you get a chance please let me know how to check for a leak, or what to look for regards ***** ***** seal leaking on the injection pump

Hi, what you will do is unplug the crank/cam sensor which disables injection for starting. you should still have fuel pressure staged in the rail and also while cranking with a no start you will still be able to identify fuel leaking down the gear train.

6HK1 Id tag

Right front, top part of cylinder block below number one exhaust port.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Got you, let me get to it right away. I'll let you know later on today.

Pleasure to help.