Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

I shorted a wire on my Volvo semi truck model 2000 and the

Customer Question

I shorted a wire on my Volvo semi truck model 2000 and the cluster is malfunctioning. There is no lights on the cluster and the gauges.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Do you know what wire you shorted? From the sounds of it you either have a blown fuse in the fuse box (center of dash under the top panel) or you shorted out the cluster and will need to get a new one. They are very sensitive and a little electrical charge will do that. It has a computer board in it and a module. It will need to be programmed to work as well.

You can test it with the Volvo PTT software if you can find a shop that has it other than Volvo dealer. There are several that have it. This is if you don;t have it to do it yourself.

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Expert:  Jeremy replied 2 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Were you not pleased with my service to you or is there a rating issue? Please let me know if you still need assistance with this, if there is a rating issue, and/or you need more time to respond.

I like to make sure all my customers are satisfied since you did pay a deposit for me to assist you, whether I’m paid by a positive rating feedback or not.

We can continue where we left off or start over if needed. Also, if you need diagrams, instructions, etc please don’t hesitate to ask.