Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

How would you be able to tell what is wrong with a cummins

Customer Question

how would you be able to tell what is wrong with a cummins N14 that keeps reading a high voltage on ecm pins 25,26,27 and power to pin 18,9 at the same time. The problem we are having is that the oil pressure is reading 100 psi even though manual gauge shows 20psi and the intake air temperature is showing 216 degress and computer says both problems come from high voltage on those ecm pins
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Did you check the out going pins for those sensor? If the voltage is above 5 volts going out, then the issue is in the ECM itself. If the voltage is 5 going out, but getting higher coming back, then you have a harness issue or a battery cable grounding to the engine block.

That needs to be narrowed down and you'll then get the answer to why you have the high voltage coming back.

Check the sensors, the voltage going in to the sensors, then the voltage at the pins. Remove the pin with a pin removal tool and ten you can be certain you are not getting ECM issues by backfeeding or feeding the wrong voltage out.

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!