Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a 2006 freightliner Columbia with a mbe 4000 engine.

Customer Question

Hello. I have a 2006 freightliner Columbia with a mbe 4000 engine. @ days ago I opened the hood and saw "oil" sprayed and dripping on the drivers side of the motor. It was coming from the egr pipe as it goes into the gas mixer which connects to the intake manifold. I removed the pipe from the egr valve and there was a small puddle of this oil. I am leaning toward it being an internal egr cooler leak. There is no smoke at all from the exhaust stack. Im wondering if this "oil" is really a coolant and soot mixture from the egr cooler internal leak. Wouldn't oil or coolant burn up in the exhaust manifold and turn into smoke before it even reached the Egr cooler and left a small puddle? Oil level hasn't changed although coolant level has went down with no visible external leaks.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 9 months ago.

Hi Westley, My name is ***** ***** you have pics

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am at home as of now and do not have pics. I actually cleaned up the "oil" after it happened.

Coolant will turn white when burnt in the exhauct manifold leaving a white ash deposit

Oh okay. I have a 1PM apointment . Would it be okay to continue later with this or do you need immediate help?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I was trying to get help now before trying to purchase a egr cooler. I know that it would turn white as why im wondering would it be a internal egr cooler leak and not passing through the manifold since it is still liquid

ill opt out