Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

My volvo starts then quits some.times it starts and just

Customer Question

My volvo starts then quits some.times it starts and just recently would not. They changed silenoid and fuel line, and after one night of driving it is a hard start again
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: Batteries replaced march, engine turns over like a champ
JA: What is the model/year of your Volvo?
Customer: Vnl 670 isx cummins
JA: What year is your Van?
Customer: 2007
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Had it tower to Volvo they replaced cylinoid and fuel lines,
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The truck is using an ELD and it is funny this problem.began shortly after installing
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Volvo Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I’ll be helping you today.

Before we get started though, please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see,smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so patience is appreciated.

My goal is to make you happy and get a great rating in return for my time.Sometimes I have to give you bad news that I know you didn’t want to hear, so please don’t shoot the messenger. This is a great site, but it doesn’t replace a shop or necessary tools.

many things can cause this, so I attached a doc I made for you to read and check all these items. let me know if you need any more help.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What are you answering a question to a car? This is a semi truck runs on diesel. This answer you supplied I could have found on google myself!
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 3 months ago.
It says volvo car. Next time please list it correctly
Expert:  Jeremy replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Unplug your ELD. See if it will start. Pull the fuse if needed.

We've been having a lot of trucks that have been getting them installed causing issues on the ECM. After the ELD is inplugged and started, contact whomever installed the ELD and ask them to pay for the parameter changes on the Volvo VECU module to allow the ELD communication. Right now the truck's main computer sees the foreign signal and is shutting the truck down. It is causing what refer to as Collision signaling. In other words the signals from the ELD are too similar to the truck's signals for monitoring and they are scrambling the signals causing them to collide and confusing the modules. So the modules will shut down instead and shut the truck down.

We see this a lot right now. Qualcomm is the worst with it. Peaoplnet isn't as bad, but there are some other new ones on the market that are real bad.

The settings need to change to a "read only" setting for logging. Yours most likely isn;t set to that and the EDL maker is who does the change. Volvo can do it, but they will charge 3 hours of labor to make the change for a 15 minute change.

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Expert:  Jeremy replied 2 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Were you not pleased with my service to you or is there a rating issue? Please let me know if you still need assistance with this, if there is a rating issue, and/or you need more time to respond.

I like to make sure all my customers are satisfied since you did pay a deposit for me to assist you, whether I’m paid by a positive rating feedback or not.

We can continue where we left off or start over if needed. Also, if you need diagrams, instructions, etc please don’t hesitate to ask.