Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Looking expert 1999 mack big truck a/c system.a/c clutch

Customer Question

looking for a expert for a 1999 mack big truck for the a/c system.a/c clutch will not kick in it dont have power.i checked the thermostat in the cab its not .that need to know how to check the block with the red and green light on it. no lights are on it.thanks.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 4 months ago.

Hi Gill Jason. Its Dan. What is the chassis model and engine model of this truck? Be sure all your fuses and relays check out okay and the pressure switches for the high an low side are good as well as the wiring harness and connector pins. If they are okay, verify the system has a full charge or the clutch will not engage. Let me know the chassis and engine info if we need to dig deeper into this. I have to go out on the road for the afternoon/evening but will reply back on my next login. Let me know

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok I will let you know

HiCustomer Did you get this resolved?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i just went back and looked at it.the vin number is ***** 1999 mack ch612 i need to know what the brakers and fuses and relays are far in the inside fuse box on passenger side.it does not say what they far,the box outside the truck that has red and green lights on it are not coming on.so i think it dont have power its full of freon i jumped lowside and highside pressure switchs.still a/c will not run unless i jump it direct thanks.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Dont worry about diagram for fuse box he got another mechanic to fix it thanks.