Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.

I need the wiring diagram of the cab's side 40-pin

Customer Question

Hi, i need the wiring diagram of the cab's side 40-pin connector of a 1996 kenworth T800, that plugs into a male ecm connector of a cat engine model 3176, 7LG series.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 3 months ago.

This is the connector you need to be wiring to. Its up near the top middle of the engine.

See the arrow.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok. I'll look into it also. So for the ecm connector, for instance, i just have to plug in the "+battery" tagged wire on the 9ck vehicle harness diagram, with the "+battery" pin position in the 7LG one, and so on with the key wires you mention?
Expert:  Cat Man replied 3 months ago.

Yes sir. That is correct. Just match up the names on each pin.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi there Cat Man. So I just received the connector spare part from cat. I have started to match the wiring as suggested. First trouble: pin position no. 1 on the 7LG male connector asks for the "+battery"-tagged wire, which appears on the 9ck vehicle diagram as pin position 6. So far, so good. Next, 7LG's pin position no. 2, asks for the injector no. 1 wire, which appears on the 9ck's ecm's diagram as wire position no. 6. I only have one no. 6 wire. I do not know how to proceed. Please advise
Expert:  Cat Man replied 3 months ago.
Thanks for the information.
The PIN number is ***** important. The definition is. For example. If battery is 1 and on the other the battery is 6. Just love battery to battery.Also. You are not wiring into the ECM connector. You need to be wiring into the other 40 pin up near the valve cover. That's where all the truck wires go.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I do understand that wire names are ***** ***** that matter. However, i only have pin positions as guide on the connector. If on one diagram, the pin position or wire name does not show, for instance all of the "injector" wires do not show on the vehicle 9ck's diagram, and when i refer to the ecm's diagram, the wire it indicates to use, has already been match up, what should i do?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am right here with the truck in front of me and doing the rewiring myslef, would you be kind enough to take a phone call? I am in Mexico and have free international calling. Or if you wish to call me as the app offers, you just have to use the prefix, 01152 and then my number 1(###) ###-####