Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.
30708357

I got air in my fuel lines after we changed fuel filters and

Customer Question

I got air in my fuel lines after we changed fuel filters and now we can,t get it to pump with any pressure it's a c16 cat motor
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: I started the motor after we changed the filters and I forgot to push the primer down lock it we started the motor than turned it go and pushed the primer down and locked it we had to crack the fuel one up above to let the pressure off to do it than we started the motor and it quit now we can,t get any pressure with the manual pump
JA: Is there anything else the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: I can,t think of any anything
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 8 months ago.
Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.
Many times to prime the system, it best to disconnect the fuel line that runs from the back of the head and goes to the filter housing. Then operate the hand primer. It should be easy to clear the air out. The fuel pressure regulator is in the filter housing. By disconnecting the line at the housing. It makes it easier to operate the hand primer and get the air out.
Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.
Expert:  Cat Man replied 8 months ago.
Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.