Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

We have a international 7400 and when we hook the power cord

Customer Question

We have a international 7400 and when we hook the power cord to a trailer the abs trailer light comes on and then goes out. Then when you apply the brake no light comes on and then goes out. Should this happen. There is power at the center pin as well as the brake light pin.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

It depends on the ABS system in the trailer. The light comes on and goes out because the system self tests when you connect. After that, the light is only supposed to come on if there is a fault. Power is supposed to be on the center pin for that is what powers the ABS. Power should be there each time the key is turned on in the truck.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy