Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

I have Mitsubishi Fuso box truck, 2001, with 54,500 miles.

Customer Question

I have Mitsubishi Fuso box truck, 2001, with 54,500 miles. It has been driven very little over the last two years. I took it out recently and the engine was very sluggish. I was only able to get it up to 45 mph. It normally would do 55-60. It has not been serviced in 2 years. I am thinking it could be a bad fuel filter.The ac also makes a lot squeezing noise, like a belt is slipping, when the ac is turned on.
Don Norris
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

It could also be bad fuel too. The fuel will get a varnish like gell substance that floats to the top over a period of time. I suggest changing the fuel filter, adding some Howes additive to the fuel for fuel system cleaning, run through as much of that tank of fuel as possible, refill with fresh fuel, and swap the filter again. You will then see a huge improvement in the way it operates.

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!