Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson

I have a new Holland tc 29. just cranked it, backed it off

Customer Question

I have a new Holland tc 29. just cranked it, backed it off the trailer and how it will not crank back up. press in and turn the key, nothing happens. no lights, nothing. is there a safety switch
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Is there anything else the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: is there a safety switch or a bypass on the speed control?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Test all your fuses for power on both sides with the key on and replace any fuses with power on only one side using a test light or volt meter. If okay, try swapping relays with a known good one for test purposes. Check the key switch for power in and then out in all switch positions for a possible failed key switch. If okay you could have a safety switch problem or wiring problem in that circuit. Check for power at the starter solenoid with the key switch in the crank position and if the battery and all cable connections including grounds check okay and there is power at the small S terminal wire at the strter solenoid but wont crank, replace the faulty solenoid or starter. Let me know