Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.

Code164-3 2005 c7 cat, Won't go over 30 mph I've changed the

Customer Question

Code164-3 2005 c7 cat
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Won't go over 30 mph I've changed the accusation sensor
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: It came in skipping had air in lines fixed that just can't get code to go inactive
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 3 months ago.
Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.
A 164-3 is defined as an open circuit on the injection actuation pressure sensor circuit.There are three things that can cause this.
The first is a bad sensor. Which you have replaced.
Second is a broken wire in the harness
Third is a bad ECM. It's very rare for a bad ECM to cause this.
Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.
Expert:  Cat Man replied 3 months ago.
Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.