Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

Just received this truck From International Dealership Where

Customer Question

Just received this truck From International Dealership Where they officially gave up.
I'm a 8 year Ford Diesel Technician and would prefer some guidance from someone who works on international Specific.
2005 International 4200 with a Vt365. Hot start Condition. At 185 Degrees IPR moves to 90% ICP peaks at 360-380 psi, and doesn't start.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 3 months ago.

Hi Dean. My name is***** will be glad to help. Tee in with shop air to the ICP sensor port and wait to listen for leaks under the valve covers. This will confirm their work and for any leaks. If okay then install a 5000 PSI gauge in the ICP port and apply 12V to the IPR. You should see up to around 4000 PSI with the IPR at full which will then confirm if the HPOP and IPR are okay. IF so, Inspect the harness thoroughly between the IPR and FICM/ECM and finally verify all battery and switched power and grounds. Finally bench test /reflash and update the ECM or try a test ECM if you have access to one for test purposes. Are there any fault codes logged in the ECM and when this happens are you still getting crank sensor signal? Let me know

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
We air checked through the Ipr with no leaks at all. The only code is for not making desired Icp pressure.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Is there a way I can get a international tech? I'm using ServiceMaxx software not a ford IDS.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Are you sure they did the seals and torqued properly? I ask because with the pressures that low, you still obviously have a leak in the engine. Usually that is signs of oil going through the seals or one of the injector tops are bad.

International has had issues with their refurbished injectors and we have been getting ours from Accurate Diesel because of the problems we have had with the local shop. We're a sponsored shop for another International dealership that is about 60 miles away providing support for them because the local shop is a competitor that has a lot of problems.

I would pull the injectors and rail back off and look at those seals to see if there are signs of over torquing on them. I wouldn't be surprised if you find those signs on those seals.

Your pump is obviously pumping, although a deadhead test would be good to do on this one. Same as putting a manual gauge to make sure the readings are accurate and there isn't a harness issue. I say that as well because at 90% commanded, you should be in the 1k or better pressure and you are no where near that.

Check the tops of those injectors and see if any of the metal rings are broken and bypassing the oil out. They will give a good cold air test and a bad hot start every time. I see that way too often on these engines.

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Expert:  Jeremy replied 3 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Were you not pleased with my service to you or is there a rating issue? Please let me know if you still need assistance with this, if there is a rating issue, and/or you need more time to respond.

I like to make sure all my customers are satisfied since you did pay a deposit for me to assist you, whether I’m paid by a positive rating feedback or not.

We can continue where we left off or start over if needed. Also, if you need diagrams, instructions, etc please don’t hesitate to ask.