Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.

Working on a C13 in a 384 Pete, ESN lee21346. Initial

Customer Question

working on a C13 in a 384 Pete, ESN lee21346. Initial problem was There is no oil pressure or coolant temp reading on the gauge or at the Computer (coolant at operating temp reads 123 deg F in the computer and on the guage) . Manual gauge reads 48psi oil pressure at idle when cold. Found ECM only putting out .29V from the ECM for supply voltage. Checked power supply and grounds, all seem to be good. diag bad ECM. Replaced. same. fault code 3509 4. supply voltage below normal. thanks
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 3 months ago.
Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.
So you have an active code 3509-4?
Expert:  Cat Man replied 3 months ago.
This code can be caused by only three things.
A shorted sensor
A short circuit in the harness.
A bad ECM.Since you have already replaced the ECM, I'm sure it's not the problem.
I would try unplugging each 5 volt sensor on the engine one at a time. Then wait 30 seconds. If you unplugg a shorted sensor, the code will go away.
If you unplug all the sensors and still have the 3509-4. The harness is the problem.
Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.
Expert:  Cat Man replied 3 months ago.
Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.