Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a 2002 fed no ranger. Today the park brake engaged a

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2002 fed Hino ranger. Today the park brake engaged a couple of mins after starting. and wouldn't release. Air seems to be still getting to the power cylinder.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 4 months ago.

Hi Keith, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. Disconnect the air line to the cylinder and check that there is air getting to it. Then apply shop air to it after adapting an air fitting to it to see if the chamber is leaking internally and needs replacement. It is spring applied and air pressure released. If the diaphram is leaking inside air pressure will not overcome spring tension to release the brake. The chamber is not servicable without a press and safety equipment as the spring force in the chamber is deadly if released. Remove and replace with new. Let me know

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It seems this truck is air applied for the park brake. We removed the air line to the cylinder and with the park brake released it is still getting a slow feed of air. We have disconnected the line that comes from the valve in the cab. Thre isn't any air coming from there with the brake released

thanks for the update. Can you get me the complete model and chassis info? I am in the US so I am hoping I can cross the information. Can you upload some pictures using the paperclip icon above? One of the truck and then the park brake cylinder.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It's a Hino FC 3J SER C/can

I did a lot of digging and cant find anything in my archives of manuals on the park brake setup. I will opt out to open this up for the other experts as they might have something on this system to help.