Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technician turned service manager on multiple lines of trucks and engines, used in industry.
30244710

Trying to find a Repair Manual Mahindra Tractor E350 Diesel.

Customer Question

Trying to find a Repair Manual for a Mahindra Tractor E350 Diesel.
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Having electrical problems. Probably a safety switch, but I don't know where they are located on the tractor. Example: Neutral Safety Switch
JA: Is there anything else the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: No..Just need to know where these safety switches are located.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 5 months ago.

hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. what symptoms are you experiencing with your tractor? There should be a seat safety switch and a clutch/brake/PTO switch as well Check the switches and harness. Let me know more details on the symptoms you are having.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
You did not answer my question concerning the Mahindra repair manual. There is no seat safety switch there's a PTO safety switch which I replaced. Can you give me a list of safety switches on the Mahindra E350?

I have found manuals for other models on the web in PDF but nothing yet for the 350E. You will need to go through Mahindra to order the manuals for your tractor. These Chinease tractors are difficult to get technical information on without going through the dealer/manufacturer.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
These tractors are not Chinese made. They are Made in India. I get the feeling that you're not real familiar with these type tractors.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.

With no manual available, let's see what is wrong. You say safety switch. What is happening, engine will not crank over from keyswitch? Safety switch will be neutral switch, and pto switch. They are the ones that would keep starter from working. The typical neutral switch on these tractors will be on the clutch linkage or the shift cover, pto switch will be at the pto operating lever. But I would test the starter and solenoid first. If you go direct to the starter solenoid, where the positive battery cable goes, and jump from he battery terminal to the single switch terminal on the same solenoid. This is test of battery, cable, and solenoid and starter.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have replaced PTO switch, tested starter and solenoid which turned out to be good, check fuses, removed ignition panel and checked and cleaned all electrical connections, checked voltage on battery. I have not checked neutral safety switch but I will do that tomorrow.

oK, let's see where that leads!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Currently the engine does not turn over.

And neutral switch would cause that. Have you checked the continuity between the switches?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I replaced the solenoid switch today. Yes the solenoid and the starter works good and I can crank the tractor with a screwdriver by touching both the solenoid
and the positive post but the engine stilll will not turn over with the ignition key.

You have checked the wire between the key switch and solenoid?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I think I did, but I am going to take another look tomorrow.

oK> Good night.