Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson

I have a L9000 Ford and my parking brake valve will not

Customer Question

I have a L9000 Ford and my parking brake valve will not release. I have no air coming into the valve. Everything else seems normal
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Air compressor works fine, 120lbs of pressure. Brake pedal pumps down fine. I thought it was a faulty parking brake valve but when I took it apart I realized it was not getting air to the supply. Traced the line down to the tredel valve. What feeds the air to the parking brake?
JA: Is there anything else the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. If you have no supply pressure to the park brake valve in the dash then check for restrictions in the air lines and fittings from the tank and supply lines. Try blowing back through the line with compressed air with a rubber tipped blow gun and look for leaks and restrictions. Let me know