Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

No 185 transmission automatic. Won't move on drive or

Customer Question

Hino 185 transmission automatic.
Won't move on drive or reverse.. Will move on 1st and shift up to second then drive though
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

I'm confused. You wrote taht is won't move then you wrote it will drive in 1st and 2nd. What will it do and not do? What is the truck doing?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I can start the truck andput it in the first it'll start to move and then move up to second and when I get to third or drive it only go so fast but won't get up to full speed I also have no reverse
Expert:  Jeremy replied 5 months ago.

Any codes showing up?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No codes on the dash
Expert:  Jeremy replied 5 months ago.

Bummer. I was hoping it would have coded to indicate a shift solenoid issue. Since it didn't, that can only mean there is either a fluid level/quality issue with a plugged filter or there is a internal mechanical issue with the transmission clutches/discs inside the transmission.

The only other cause that can do this is if there is a engine torque issue which is usually caused by a bad fuel filter on these engines, but what throws that off is you don;t have reverse gear, which puts the issue right back on the transmission itself.

Sounds like this needs a clutch disc replacement from what is described.