tkman55, Mechanic
Experience:  Diesel Truck Mechanic for over 34 years. Specialize in Thermo King and Carrier Transicold refrigerated units

I have a 1994 ms200p will not shut off when I turn the key

Customer Question

Hey I have a 1994 ms200p will not shut off when I turn the key off
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  tkman55 replied 3 months ago.

hi my name is ***** ***** me see if I can help This is a Mack Cabover inbetween te driver seat and the passenger is a flip and lock switch fo the brake release and next to this should be a pull cable for engine shut down pull up on the cable to shut the unit off

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
There is a throttle lock cable but I pull up on it and it revs the engine this truck was turning off by the key a week ago now it will not
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  tkman55 replied 3 months ago.

ok so your model has an shut off solenoid then you need to check for any blown fuses and you will have to flip the cab up carefully or if this is a standard you can stop it by putting it in gear and holding the brakes and slowly release the clutch

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am a mechanic myself but I do not work on diesels very much it is a mechanical fuel on Junction and I found a lever to flip over that shuts it off and it appears to be actuated by a little hydraulic with a vacuum hose connected to it I followed the packing house somewhere I cannot see up front but I got the truck shut off and I am heading home I'm going to go check it out again tomorrow also I found a leak in the air dryer the overall PSI's only at 60 so that may have something to do with it as well
Expert:  tkman55 replied 3 months ago.

sounds like you are on the right track remeber this is pre electronics so it should be air operated solenoid with a relay and a fuse let me know and I will see if I can find an old wiring diagam for your truck