Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

We have an Isuzu FVZ1400 with Allison Auto. It has a problem

Customer Question

Hi, we have an Isuzu FVZ1400 with Allison Auto. It has a problem when selecting drive it keeps changing back to 1st gear and won't go into reverse, it keeps going back to Neutral. A warning light comes on "Do not shift". Any ideas need some serious help. Our truck is in PNG and the local Isuzu dealer won't look at it because they only do small trucks.
Thanks in advance,
Dean
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

Do you have the push button shifter in this Isuzu? Let me know so I can send the info to you to pull the codes on the display to determine why you are having this issue. I want to confirm if it is the solenoid or the internal clutch. It is one or the other. It is just a matter of which one it is.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Were you not pleased with my service to you or is there a rating issue? Please let me know if you still need assistance with this, if there is a rating issue, and/or you need more time to respond.

I like to make sure all my customers are satisfied since you did pay a deposit for me to assist you, whether I’m paid by a positive rating feedback or not.

We can continue where we left off or start over if needed. Also, if you need diagrams, instructions, etc please don’t hesitate to ask.