][\][iCk0411, Fleet Manager
Experience:  310T Red Seal- Truck and Coach Technician

I have an International 7600 that lost its alternator and

Customer Question

I have an International 7600 that lost its alternator and than killed the batteries, after replacing the alternator and batteries the shifter pad won't light up. I have checked and replaced fuses at!!!
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  ][\][iCk0411 replied 3 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. I believe that truck should have a black box inside the cab, beside the box that the shifter is mounted to. If not in the cab it could be attached to the transmission. This small black box will have screws mounting the face. If you remove the screws and faceplate there is a fuse inside the box that feeds your shifter pad.

If the fuse is not blown at this terminal then check if there is voltage at the fuse terminal. I have seen where this terminal will loose power to this fuse. In a pinch I have jumped 12V to this fuse terminal to power up the shifter pad ( if you are stuck).

Let me know if you have any other questions.

The top plate of the black box says "Allison" and its roughly 6 inches wide and 2 inches deep.

Good day Sir, were you able to have any success repairing your transmission shifter? Please let me know if you have any further questions. If you don't respond within 72 hours then the questions will timeout. I want to make sure you get some value for your deposit before the site closes the question and keeps the deposit.

Let me know if you have any further questions and please remember to rate my answer and service!