Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

1998 McNeilus Packer stuck will not move

Customer Question

Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Does it sound like the hydraulics are under a load or nothing? If nothing check the relief valve in the control valve for debris or damaged o rings causing a bypass of pressure. Also check the filter for fine metal/debris indicating a pump problem. If okay and the hydraulics are pulling a load on the engine check to see if something is jammed causing it to stick. Are all functions not working?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Other hydraulics on the truck or working it's like there's a safety switch that's stopping it from working but you can hear it trying to work kind of like a bobcat when you don't have your seatbelt on or you're not sitting in the seat it locks
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My guess is whatever it is has to be bypassed what I need to know is how to bypass it where it is

I would need to see a schematic of the hydraulic and electrical system for your model packer body. There are so many options. Without physically seeing it there is no way to know what safety switches were factory installed or seeing a schematic. Do you have any manuals?

The noise you are describing sounds like the pressure is going over relief like it is jammed. Id get a test gauge on that circuit and see what you are getting for pressure and if it is in specs

If the cylinder is getting full pressure it could mean blown seals in the cylinder or something is jammed to the point hydraulic pressure will not overcome it.