Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson

I have a rtx 8ll will not pick up low gears, the low side

Customer Question

I have a rtx 8ll will not pick up low gears
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: the low side grinds trying to go in low side will I need to pull trans. to repair or something else
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: no just wont go in low on splitter
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Verify you have good air pressure and the regulator/filter on the back of the transmission is not plugged. try shifting with the lines disconnected using a rubber tipped blow gun to see if it will fully engage low and high range. If so correct the air pressure problem. If not the problem is likely mechanical. Drain and look for metal/debris in the transmission. If found, remove and overhaul or replace. Let me know