Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Ive got a 2000 gmc c6500 that is cutting out at way speeds

Customer Question

ive got a 2000 gmc c6500 that is cutting out at hiway speeds and then shuts down
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
this truck has a 3126 cat engine. this problem just acured. ive changed the fuel filter on drivers side of engine. no improvement.
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is***** it cutting out instantly like you turned off the key switch or like it is starving for fuel? Any fault codes?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
acts like it is starving for fuel than will shut down. but runs fine while parked, had cat run test on it they said engine runs strong and no codes. they also said it is on gm side
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ive ran this truck since 2000 always has ran great. just all of a sudden. as I headed tward shop it got worse
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ive also have noticed a relay clicking under glove box not sure if that is related.

thanks for the update. Check the fuel lines between the tank and pump for leaks sucking air or restrictions. Also verif you have good fuel supply pressure and install a clear hose on the suction side to check for air bubbles indicating a leak or restriction. Low fuel pressure can be caused by a faulty pressure regulator on the back of the head or a weak fuel transfer pump. Let me know