Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Do you guys have info on MBT 660 AGS model of transmission

Customer Question

Do you guys have info on MBT 660 AGS model of transmission it is in a freightliner M2 business class truck
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  73bbchevy replied 8 months ago.

Hello, what kind of info are you looking for?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Need to know how to remove the shift control module from the transmission I have it all unbiased and it will slide out from the transmission exposing the shat that operates the shift rails inside of the transmission but I can not get the unit to come all the way out of transmission

OK can i have your vin?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
1FVACWCS17HY23130
IT'S A FREIGHTLINER

ok let me see if i can pull this up in wis. give me a few minutes.

ok i will have to opt out, maybe another heavy truck tech can assist, i cannot pull this up in my systems. my apologies.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok thanks don't feel bad it's the response ive getting when I talk to my local freightliner dealer. So I won't be charged the correct
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. First lets get you in the correct category of Med/Heavy Truck. Bare with me.

What are the transmission model numbers from the transmission ID tag and I will look up the procedure for you?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
MBT660AGS
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Any luck? I have it out now but would be good to know if there is any special procedure on installation or even removal incase it wasn't supposed to come out the way I got it out thank you

I pulled up the parts breakdown. i would have removed the line on the outter cover and then the cover to access inside the actuator to disconnect it from the shaft for removal. How did you end up removing it?

The lines you should be able to use and open end wrench to push in the collar into the housing to then pull out the line.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I tried to remove the lines using some jiffy tire line removal tools but had no luck getting the lines to release but I got the whole unit to come out by removing all the mounting bolts of unit to the case but I finally figured out that on the opposite side of the transmission the "passenger side" there is a set screw that has to be loosened that is what was holding the shaft in the transmission one removing it and getting all the shift rails back in the neutral position allowed me to remove the whole unit tried to attach pictures for you but no luck

Thanks for the update Mike. You should be perfectly fine installing the new one using the reverse procedure with new gaskets.