Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

Jeremy i have a problem with an 2012 international prostar

Customer Question

hello jeremy i have a problem with an 2012 international prostar max force engine and the ac system is not working good cause its not cold. what I noticed that the ac compressor is not coming on unless i take out the circuit breaker of the body control module when i take that of the ac compressor starts to come on? can you help me with this problem
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Did you receive my question Jeremy
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

The first thing that needs done here if this has not been done yet is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue here.There may be an internal fault in the body control module itself causing this issue here with it needing removed and repaired or removed and replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your response Pete yes nobody had respon. The truck has no active codes with the maxforce software. There is a video on YouTube that this guy says that it's a reset thing that the module needs to reset I will look for that video and send it to you
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

O.k.,let me know if you can locate the video on this here.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Here's the video Pete I barely found it https://youtu.be/flXkmAzsV7E
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Unfortunately I do not know of the reset myself on this here and the video is a little confusing to me on this as well.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Jeremy replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

I was in vacation and that is why I didn't see this or respond.

Do you have codes on the dash? If so, what codes do you have on the dash? I need the full code, even the parentheses.I'm wondering if you have a fault on the actuators causing the system to shut down or a thermistor issue. The codes will confirm.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for the response Jeremy I took the truck to a local international dealer cause It was taking to much time here but thanks for your response.