tkman55, Mechanic
Experience:  Diesel Truck Mechanic for over 34 years. Specialize in Thermo King and Carrier Transicold refrigerated units

My ac is frozen up one of the lines to the is covered in

Customer Question

My ac is frozen up one of the lines to the bunk is covered in ice! Help on my way to florida
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Just put to cans of r134 in yesterday was working like a charm last night this morning just froze up blower working compressors working just that one line to bunk frozen
JA: Is there anything else the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  tkman55 replied 3 months ago.

low pressure liquid freon flows through the bunk evaporator and becomes a low pressure gas upon leaving the evaporator there is a temprature probe sticking on to the evap that shuts off flow when the tempature reaches around 32 degress or freezing

when this probe fails then then evap a\will continue to drop tempature below frezzing and lines and evap will freeze up and it will quit cooling also if the fan is not running it will freeze up

if you can open the evp covers you should be able to locate the probe switch and its leads to insure it is in contact with the coil if it is you will need to replace it turn the unit off and on manually would be the only emergency measure you can do

Expert:  tkman55 replied 3 months ago.

I see you haven't responded to my answer were you able to figure out your problem

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't know where those components are
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  tkman55 replied 3 months ago.

what model of truck year and make

Expert:  tkman55 replied 3 months ago.

download this ac manual and look in the ac component section at the evap it wont be exactly what you have but there are detailed explanations of ll the parts

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
2002 Freightliner Columbia
Expert:  tkman55 replied 3 months ago.

look at this guide for your columbia