Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Faulty abs system,2001international 4700' hydraulic,

Customer Question

Faulty abs system,2001international 4700' hydraulic
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Antilock system engages. Causing over heated rotors
JA: Is there anything else the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Abs problem history..while under warranty dealer replaced wheel sensors and brake linings many times..after warranty NHTSA forced international to repair after further failures, dont know what they did but it worked for several years..2013 abs engage returned..repair guy had me pul out and tape wheel sensors which has worked well until now, no abs which is fine with me. Can i further dis engage abs system?
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 5 months ago.

Hi Ken, My name is***** will be glad to help. Check what you have for fault codes in the ABS system which will help isolate the problem area whether wheel speed sensors, harness, or other problem. If the faults reveal wheel sensors then check the harness for damage or corrosion and connector pins. Replace or repair the harness or sensors as needed and clean or replace the sensor tone rings as needed so the sensors have good signal. Let me know

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The wheel sensors have been removed from their slots to disable the antilock system.some how the system is again activating the brakes when not needed, causing a pulsating of the brakes
These trucks,2000- 2003 international 4700's with hydraulic brakes have a history on severe failures. Many were school buses. International has tried to silence the problems.
I cannot repair what the pro mechanics can't, I want to disable the problem abs system and just had brakes

Hi Ken. I understand. Let me opt out and maybe another expert might be able to help further with this. I cant recommend disabling the factory ABS system unfortunately.