Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  Performed various automotive repairs on several light duty and medium duty vehicles over 15 years of service.

Looking on a 1994 gmc topkick c4500 moving truck, big block

Customer Question

looking for info on a 1994 gmc topkick c4500 moving truck, big block gas engine, has spark no fuel.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Test for power and ground at the pumps with the key on the first two seconds the key is on.Usually it is a gray wire for power and a black for ground.If you have power and ground but no fuel pressure from the fuel pump(s) then the affected pump usually needs replaced.

If this is all found to be o.k. including fuel from the pump(s) let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
hi pete thanks for reply, i actually just ordered a service manual for this truck, i have been looking online for technical info with out success so i posted here. i meant to delete this yesterday but had trouble getting back to this page, i am also an expert for hondas so when i would sign in it kept bringing op the answer questions page. haha
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i no longer need assistance, can you close this question?
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

No problem.Hope you can get this resolved with ease.

Thanks Pete