Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson

Freightliner semi with cat 15 engine .... steering will not

Customer Question

freightliner semi with cat 15 engine .... steering will not turn. removed ps pump and changed in and out lines.... cleaned press relief valve and reinstalled. i am stuck on the road... is there a bypass that can get power steering to work
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Is there anything else the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: not that i can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Unfortunately there is no bypass for power steering. You will need to repair or replace the faulty pump or steering box. Let me know