Wayne, Journeyman
Experience:  worked on, Gmc, Macks, Freight liner,Mercedes Benz,,Ford, sterling
6825259

I have a JD 310g with the problem it won't work, with code

Customer Question

I have a JD 310g with the problem it won't work, with code F495 what can I do
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: The 310g was running and it just stop it won't start again
JA: Is there anything else the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Wayne replied 6 months ago.

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

That code is for a communication error to the engine controller. This is a common issue. First the engine controller is mounted to a bracket attached to the front cover on the left lower side of the engine. Unbolt the controller and get it out where you can remove the wiring harness from it. Remove the harness and inspect the pins and sockets of the harness connectors. If they look good re attach and test. Some times this cures the issue if not you will need to replace the engine controller. These are not the most dependable items

I hope this helped you

If this helped you Please rate my answer 3 or more Stars If more info is need use reply button

Not Poor/Bad Service