Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technician turned service manager on multiple lines of trucks and engines, used in industry.
30244710

I just changed the 2 oil cooler hose,s on my 138US-2

Customer Question

Hi,i just changed the 2 oil cooler hose,s on my 138US-2 excavater after install i started up to warm up after about 10min there was a squeaky noise,i shut down immediatley and diagnosed hose,s were on the wrong way at the filter end,changed hose,s around fire back up now i here a miss and blue/white smoke,Rings??thanks Kent
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 8 months ago.

when you hooked up cooler in wrong direction, any debris or metal particles lodged in the cooler were flushed out, back into the oil system. causing damage to the bearings! The squeaky noise could have been a bearing starving for oil! Can be a rod bearing, causing one cylinder to miss. To determine which cylinder is misfiring, loosen the injection line while running, and see if smoke stops on that cylinder.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 months ago.

see question still open, did you see my response?