cumminsdr, Mechanic
Experience:  All types of Cummins applications

I have a freightliner cascadia Vin 1fujglbg2dsbx2662 isx

Customer Question

I have a freightliner cascadia Vin 1fujglbg2dsbx2662 cumming isx serial # ***** I gor a falt code spn 321 fail 0 and then a falt code spn 3251 fail 0. With a stop engine red lite . I have to go to Cummings engine on tuesday morning . What do the falt codes spn 4363 spn 321 and spn 3521 mean the truck was regenerated yesterday at freightliner when the dozer injector was replaced .what is maintenance schedule I should ask for at cumming engine to correct the stop engine lite v problem. Can warrantee be looked up for the dpf on the truck with the serial number?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  cumminsdr replied 4 months ago.

Thank you. The DPF needs to be removed and inspected by Cummins due to the 1922 fault code Fault 321 -0 is not showing up for your engine. If you have less than 100,000 miles on the engine than you are covered under the emissions warranty. if not than it's on you. Please don't forget to rate my service

Fault Code: 1922
PID: S324
SPN: 3251
FMI: 0

Aftertreatment Diesel Particulate Filter Differential Pressure - Data Valid But Above Normal Operating Range - Most Severe Level. The soot load of the aftertreatment diesel particulate filter (DPF) has exceeded the recommended limits. Engine protection derate is enabled.

Severe engine derate.

Possible causes of this fault code include:

• The aftertreatment wiring harness or the aftertreatment temperature sensor connector pin installation may be incorrect.
  • The engine has been operating in a light load condition that prevents exhaust temperatures from being high enough to actively regenerate the aftertreatment DPF.
  • A possible base engine malfunction that causes excessive black soot to be generated.
  • Excessive ash in the DPF.

Fault Code: 3147
SPN: 4363

Aftertreatment SCR Outlet Temperature Sensor Circuit - Voltage Below Normal or Shorted to Low Source. Low signal voltage detected at the SCR outlet temperature sensor circuit.

Default temperature used for SCR outlet temperature.

• Signal shorted to ground in the harness.
  • Signal shorted to return or ground in the sensor.
  • Malfunctioning aftertreatment SCR catalyst temperature sensor interface module.

Hi just following up. Do you need more assistance? Please don't forget to rate my service.

Expert:  cumminsdr replied 3 months ago.

Hi, Just following up. Please don't forget to rate my service.