Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have 2006 Freightliner century, Detroit s60 and eaton

Customer Question

Hi. I have 2006 Freightliner century
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Truck Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Detroit s60 and eaton fuller10 speed transmission
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Truck Mechanic should know?
Customer: Now problem is high geer switch not working when I turn switch up then I put in to 6th geer it's feels like geer is neutral. When I turn geer switch down I hear geer switch noise. Then turn geer switch up I don't hear any noise. Thank you
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Truck Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

There is a valve on the transmission that controls the high low. It is most likely filled with gunk and needs to be cleaned and/or replaced. They get moisture in them and oil which causes the o-rings in it to bypass the air internally and it doesn't slide the piston as it needs to and yo get the exact issue you have.

Have that valve checked. If you do it, it is on the top, back of the transmission. You will see the air lines going to it from the gear shifter. Don't mix the lines up.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
We changed range selector but steel same
Expert:  Jeremy replied 5 months ago.

What about the switch on the shifter itself? Do you have air shifting through both lines when you make the flip?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Only two air line from transmission
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This is my Trans model
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help, check the transmission oil for discoloration, debris and for metal in the filter indicating internal problems requiring removal and rebuild. Let me Know.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Where is the filter ?

If you have the filter and pump kit on yours it will be mounted at the rear of the transmission or remote mounted inline with the cooler. If yours does not have the external spin on filter you will just check the drain oil and bottom of the case for metal. Let me know