Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a 1997 international 4700 I were backing up down a ll

Customer Question

i have a 1997 international 4700 I were backing up down a hill and it sounded like it were out of gas.it had gas so I put 11 gallens in it so I tride to prime it only a little gas came out so I took the fuel filter to see how much gas were in it it were half way fill it up the primer work but stop working
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: no gas getting to the injector
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. What is your engine model?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Model is 4700 international 1997 7.3

Hi, thanks for the updated information and sorry for the delay. I had family visiting this weekend and was unavailable. If you are not getting diesel fuel to the fuel filter and housing check for a faulty fuel supply pump and for restrictions and leaks between the tank and pump. Verify you have good fuel pressure around 80-90 PSI. If the fuel supply is good verify you have crank sensor/cam sensor signal for the ECM to command the injectors to fire. Let me know