Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

I am very new to a thermo Machines and I have a question I

Customer Question

I am very new to a thermo King Machines and I have a question for you I want to know the difference between the XL200 XL400 and SB 200 and the SB 400, all what i know is the XL is European make and the SB is North American make is that true. and if I want to buy the XL200 and 400 what is equivalent to that model in the US?
also what is the best of these machines and what do you recommend for a hot climate such as Saudi Arabia. thank you
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

The model numbers correlate with the BTUs that they put out. The higher the number, the better the cooling of the unit itself.

XL and SB are just that, where they are made and sole. In the US, we have SB units where overseas they use XL units.

The cooling of the unit is important, but even more so is the trailer. If yu are in Saudi Arabia and you want a really cold unit, go with the SB 400, but make sure you have like a Utility 3000R trailer that has the thickest insulation. If you have thin insulation in the trailer, it will get the product hot in the trailer which will not do any good. You want a trailer that will keep the items in the rear (the warmest part of the trailer) as controlled as possible. For a really hot climate area, a dual controlled trailer might helo as well. This not only has the main unit in the front, but another small unit which is a fan and evaporator about 2/3 of the way back in the trailer. This way you can use a bulkhead in the middle to have frozen and refrigerated loads or to have the whole trailer in a deep freeze, like for ice cream which needs to be at -15 to -20 degress.

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Were you not pleased with my service to you or is there a rating issue? Please let me know if you still need assistance with this, if there is a rating issue, and/or you need more time to respond.

I like to make sure all my customers are satisfied since you did pay a deposit for me to assist you, whether I’m paid by a positive rating feedback or not.

We can continue where we left off or start over if needed. Also, if you need diagrams, instructions, etc please don’t hesitate to ask.