Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

Trying to reset fault code eng. I 't see a reset button. I

Customer Question

Trying to reset fault code eng. I don't see a reset button. I see the evaporator under bunk but no other box with white wires. Where would reset button be
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

What is the year, make, model of the vehicle? What are you trying to reset?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thermo king tripac has fault code ENG. I was told to reset unit but I don't see the button that is supposed to be on the black box under the bunk
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This is a apu on my 2009 international prostar
Expert:  Jeremy replied 5 months ago.

Check that the switch on the dash is in normal. In the door for the unit, you will have another switch. Make sure it is up. Open the valves on the coolant lines under the hood. That should do it.

Some of them have reset buttons on the controller itself that you have the temps displaying. Check there for the rest button.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It is not there. I guess I will take it in to the dealer
Thanks for trying
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It was working fine and just tripped so all lines are open and switch is in normal position
Expert:  Jeremy replied 5 months ago.

Those are the only 3 switches and the locations I know of on the Tripak APUs. There are no others... There may be an issue in the system. No other code came up?

Expert:  Jeremy replied 5 months ago.

Check the oil and coolant levels.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No. Dealer said there is a reset button under the bunk. Others have showed me there's and it was there. All the you tube videos show it also but I don't see one under my bunk. It's supposed to have white wires connected to it but only box of see is the evaporator and the tech said that is not the box with the reset button
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Nothing will respond until the unit is reset. It just has the fault code ENG showing on the thermostat. So I can't even turn it on now
Expert:  Jeremy replied 5 months ago.

That is the one also mounted next to the thermostat control box. That is why I mentioned to look there. If it isn't in those two locations, then it was mounted somewhere weird on your unit. :-(

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks I'm done trying
Expert:  Jeremy replied 5 months ago.

Sorry. I wish I could help more.