Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson

U have a 2005 cat c15. In a pete i was trying to hook

Customer Question

Hello u have a 2005 cat c15. In a pete i was trying to hook cat et to monitor engine oil pressure. The engine will not connect. I went in to tje nexiq divice tested and can see the ecm address 0 in the list when tested. But when try to connect cat et i get a unabe to comm with ecm error. Any thoughts
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

Catman is the CAT engine guy and he will be able to assist you on this question better if this quick check isn't the case. On the tool, be sure you select the J1708 protocol for the CAT ET program. Then check the fuses that the diagnostic connector fuse isn't blown. This will rule out the CAN BUS issue with the truck itself.

Return here and let me know if still a no go and I will let the CAT expert take over.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I tryed all the checks you listed still no comm. Engine runs, all gauges work. I cut the added in gps unit out of the system to make sure not the cause. Still no go.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

I will opt out to let Catman take over since he is the Cat Tech here.

It might be an issue in the CAT program and the engine, not so much the truck side. I do the truck side, he does the engine side.

I'll keep an eye on this.

Good day!

Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 3 months ago.

Hi Leo, My name is***** you get this resolved?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.