Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a 2010 freightliner Cascadia with DD13. I have the

Customer Question

I have a 2010 freightliner Cascadia with DD13. I have the following codes
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: eng air inlet press low 128 106 01, eng sa00 spn003563 01, eng low 128 s273 01. engine shuts off after about 2-3 hour on the road
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: the codes get clear and they come back. what do they mean?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  roybelding replied 8 months ago.

good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist

3563

Intake manifold pressure circuit failed high

Show/Hide Checkboxes

1. Disconnect the intake manifold pressure/temperature sensor.
  2. Inspect the intake manifold pressure/temperature sensor harness for bent, spread, or corroded pins.
    1. If the pins are bent, spread, or corroded, repair as necessary.
    2. If the connector shows no signs of damage, Go to step 3.
  3. Turn the ignition ON (key ON, engine OFF).
  4. Measure the voltage between pin 1 of the intake manifold pressure/temperature sensor harness connector and ground.
    1. If the voltage is greater than 5 volts, repair the short to battery between pin 1 of the intake manifold pressure/temperature sensor harness connector and pin 87 of the Motor Control Module (MCM) 120-pin connector. Verify repairs.
    2. If the voltage is less than 5 volts, Go to step 5.
  5. Measure the voltage between pin 2 and 4 of the intake manifold pressure/temperature sensor harness connector.
    1. If voltage is present, replace the intake manifold pressure/temperature sensor .
      Refer to section "Removal of the Intake Pressure/Temperature Sensor"
    2. If no voltage is present, repair the open between pin 4 of the intake manifold pressure/temperature sensor harness connector and pin 102 of the MCM 120-pin connector. Verify repairs.

1. 273.1
  2. Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) Tank Level Sensor Circuit Data Erratic, Intermittent or Incorrect

Show/Hide Checkboxes

3. Check for multiple codes.
    1. If SPN 1761/3 and 3031/3 are present, Go to step 2.
    2. If SPN 1761/3 is present, Go to step 9.
  4. Disconnect the DEF tank temperature/level sensor.
  5. Inspect the DEF tank temperature/level sensor connector for bent, spread or corroded pins.
    1. If bent, spread or corroded pins are found, repair as necessary.
    2. If no connector issues are found, Go to step 4.
  6. Turn the ignition ON (key ON, engine OFF).
  7. Measure the voltage between pin 2 on the harness side of the DEF tank temperature/level sensor and ground.
    1. If voltage is present, repair short to power between pin 2 on the harness side of the DEF tank temperature/level sensor and pin 102 of the Aftertreatment Control Module (ACM).
    2. If no voltage is present Go to step 6.
  8. Turn the ignition OFF (key OFF, engine OFF).
  9. Disconnect the ACM 120-pin connector.
  10. Measure the resistance between pin 2 on the harness side of the DEF tank temperature/level sensor and pin 102 of the ACM.
    1. If the resistance is greater than 5 ohms, repair wire between pin 2 on the harness side of the DEF tank temperature/level sensor and pin 102 of the ACM.
    2. If the resistance is less than 5 ohms, refer to OEM literature for DEF tank temperature/level sensor replacement.
  11. Disconnect the DEF tank temperature/level sensor.
  12. Inspect the DEF tank temperature/level sender connector for bent, spread or corroded pins.
    2. If no connector issues are found, Go to step 11.
  13. Turn the ignition ON (key ON, engine OFF).
  14. Measure the voltage between pin 1 on the harness side of the DEF tank temperature/level sensor and ground.
    1. If voltage is greater than 3.00 volts, repair short to power between pin 1 on the harness side of the DEF tank temperature/level sensor and pin 109 of the ACM.
    2. If voltage is between 2.0 and 2.95, refer to OEM literature for DEF temperature/level sensor replacement.
    3. If voltage is less than 2.5 volts, repair wire between pin 1 on the harness side of the DEF temperature/level sensor and pin 109 of the ACM.

106.1

Idle Speed is Higher than Targeted Idle Speed

SPN 188/FMI 31

DescriptionIdle Speed Out of range

Monitored ParameterEngine RPM

Typical Enabling ConditionsEngine RPM = idle

Monitor SequenceNone

Execution FrequencyContinuous when enabling conditions met

Typical Duration10 Seconds

Dash LampsMIL

Engine Reaction

VerificationEngine Idle (1 minute)

Show/Hide Checkboxes

1. Turn the ignition ON (key ON, engine OFF).
  2. Are there any camshaft or crankshaft sensor faults present?
    1. Yes, repair those faults first.
    2. No, Go to step 3.
  3. Are there any throttle pedal or idle validation switch faults present?
    1. Yes, repair those faults first.
    2. No, Go to step 4.
  4. Perform idle speed balance test. Are any faulty fuel injectors identified?
    1. Yes, replace suspect fuel injector.
    2. No, obtain log file of engine at idle, extract all module parameters and contact the Detroit™ Customer Support Center at(###) ###-####/li>

What have you done so far???

Roy

are you there???