Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

I have a 07 century, 14 liter detroit 60. Losing small

Customer Question

I have a 07 century, 14 liter detroit 60. Losing small amount of coolant, still black because of cooking out oil from bad oil cooler. Replace oil cooler 3 times. White and grey smoke when f
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Throttled, 3 gallons a day oil loss, oil dripping out of muffler near the stack, mechanic is stuck
JA: Is there anything else the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: Replaced turbo, but oil is on accuator rod now
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

On the coolant, pressure test the coolant system and see if you are losing it through the EGR cooler.

On the oil, that is a lot of oil to be losing.

Your best option is to put dye in the engine to see where the loss is. It could be through the internals of the engine meaining you need a ring job. 3 gallons a day is way too much!

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Were you not pleased with my service to you or is there a rating issue? Please let me know if you still need assistance with this, if there is a rating issue, and/or you need more time to respond.

I like to make sure all my customers are satisfied since you did pay a deposit for me to assist you, whether I’m paid by a positive rating feedback or not.

We can continue where we left off or start over if needed. Also, if you need diagrams, instructions, etc please don’t hesitate to ask.