Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technician turned service manager on multiple lines of trucks and engines, used in industry.

I have 03 deere 160clc excavator 24 vote not charging, I put

Customer Question

I have 03 john deere 160clc excavator 24 vote not charging
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: I put in new Alt. Bat. belt.ten.Regulator, not charging
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: help me thank you
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

The alternator has to be energized on the field terminal, before it will start charging. Do you have voltage to the field, when you turn on the key? If you do, and the alternator is putting out over 24 volts, the output is not connected to the battery system. I do not have a wiring diagram, but do know what it takes to get alternator to work!

Did you see my response?