Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

My 60 series detroit losses power gh rpm, Changed injected

Customer Question

My 60 series detroit losses power high rpm
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Truck Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Changed injected harness computer said number three injected changed 1 2 and 3 then harness ecm changed fuel pump seems not as bad Bob tail till I get loaded any pull 9th 10 th gear flutters let up on throddle comes out of flutter still no power no smoke out of stack. Also changed fuel pump. Ran new hose from fuel pump to drivers tank still same problem. I run 1998 international
JA: Is there anything else the Heavy Truck Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: No codes on computer took to diesel docter in davenport iowa cranked to(###) ###-####torque to ground. Still flutters 9th and 10th gear.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Truck Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Was this issue happening before Diesel Doctor did the tune? I ask becasue we have been doing a lot of resets on the engines after he does his custom tunes on may trucks. All of them have had the same complaints. Good low end power with a top end drop out.

Do you have a fuel tester where you can test the fuel pressure? Were the check valves checked to make sure there are no issues?

There used to be issues on those older Detroits where the fuel plate behind the ECM was causing aeration. Bypass the fuel plate and see if you get your power back. Also put a clear line on the fuel line from the filter housing to the fuel tank line. Just a small jumper line to be able to see if there is aeration at higher RPMs. This can help rule out fuel tank pick up tube issues. On older vehicles, the pick up tubes will crack and allow air in which gives an aeration issue. With you not having smoke and such, I'm leaning to either a aeration issue or a check valve/regulator issue.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy