go-west..
go-west.., Technician
Experience:  Technican with 20 years experience focused on engines and electrical.
35815791

Freightliner FLD120 97' Detroit deisel Seris 60 tach doesn't

Customer Question

Freightliner FLD120 97' Detroit deisel Seris 60 tach doesn't work trying find out where connections are so i can check them
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Truck sat for 9 years we put it back togethor tach and speedometer only items left not working
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  go-west.. replied 5 months ago.
Good evening. Can I get the last six of your VIN please?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
871006
Sorry for the delay
Go to your flywheel housing and usually on the bottom you will see a sender that dives the tach I'm thinking it's toast check it for resistance there should be at least 800 ohms there if there is none then it needs to be replaced have a look and let me know how you do
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
fly wheel housing is it on front of engine or back near bell housing?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Speedometer ? I asked about the tach and the speedometer where is sending unit for spedometer
Speedo is on the backside of the transmission by the yoke and the tach sender is in the flywheel housing at the back of the engine it houses the flywheel. Let me know how you do