Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  Performed various automotive repairs on several light duty and medium duty vehicles over 15 years of service.

Why is my 2016 Peterbilt 550 Cummings blowing def out of the

Customer Question

Why is my 2016 Peterbilt 550 Cummings blowing def out of the left-stack
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

I have seen in several cases where a def injector/nozzle may stick open and allow constant def into the exhaust and can cause this issue here.Being a 2016 model this should still be under factory warranty.I would have a dealer or authorized repair facility look into this issue to see if an injector/nozzle needs replaced to correct this fault here.This should be able to be diagnosed and repaired at no charge to you.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete