go-west.., Technician
Experience:  Technican with 20 years experience focused on engines and electrical.

20007 frieghtliner columbia. no pwer to sleeper.....50 amp

Customer Question

20007 frieghtliner columbia. no pwer to sleeper.....50 amp greeen fuse melted. when i pulled it out the fuse box connections came with it. there is power to all 4 lugs. how can i get power to sleepr without replacing fuse box
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  go-west.. replied 4 months ago.
Good evening
The fuse box behind the drivers seat is melted to-?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Nope it's completely fine. The fuse started heating up back in jan. I replaced it and it got hot again a couple days later. That's when I went to replace it again and the melted plastic and connectors came out with it. Now it's hot and I need the air to work. All power to the sleeper is gone. The a/c unit is cold but the fan has no power. I've bought a new blower. I just power to it at the very least
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The blower has 4 wires
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The main 50 amp fuse by the windshield melted. The b pillar is fine

sorry for the delay

you will see the wires that come from the fuse panel at the b pillar,,there is ignition and battery plus ground that goes to the heater controller and blower,if you just want to wire it in that way by using power from the front pdm,then you can,

let me know if you have anymore questions

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sounds good. I have the schematic you sent...however..I've never read them before. I'm very much a this is how you do it person. I've included picts of the fuse box. I don't know which wires are which. The top black plug has a thick and thin. The top grey has two thick wires. Am I splicing the top wires ? On the bottom are also a black and grey plugh.those wires are all thin . Sorry. But I need a little more direction
What time zone are you in-?
We should talk live
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Which of the 6 plugs on the remote b pillar pdm. Recieve power for the sleeper?. It has an internal ground. So I can run a new cable from the vbattery with a fuse . That would complete the circuit that melted
The heavy grey ones on the top I do believe they are wire number 14
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Black plug or grey plug
I'm here do a live phone request
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Don't think I need to pay 26 extra dollars for simple answers. So. Is it black plug or grey plug
Gotcha. If you want to power up the entire pdm hook into the heavy grey connector on top