spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Journeyman
Experience:  I worked on all types of equipment semis,forklifts,farm,ect.
65057319

I have a n14 celect in a kenworth it hanging on to the rev

Customer Question

I have a n14 celect in a kenworth it hanging on to the rev from 1000 revs if the compressor or Horton fan is on it will come back to an idle of 600 revs if I turn the fan off it will run back up slowly I've replaced o rings in injectors and checked fuel pressure and return fuel and everything is fine what else should I be looking at please
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 5 months ago.

Hi Ashley, sorry for delay,

this is usually caused by arated fuel, is that what you checked when you said checked return fuel?

Drop fuel filter that is before fuel pump see if it is all the way full, if not you have a leak on suction side before pump, test by running out of a 5 gallon bucket of clean fuel directly to fuel pump, if issue goes away that confirms problem.

If you have a raccor filter before pump try bypassing and test, don't drive until you replace filter assembly they are a known issue.

Any problems let me know

Any other issues such as low power hard starts

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Well I have checked all that and I checked return to make sure a driver hadn't restricted the return flow to increase fuel pressure to injectors I'm no dill the only thing I haven't done is replace fuel hoses and injectors or ecm I'm leaning towards a seeping injector the problem is it only does it when it's hot in the workshop we can't get it to do it so its a little hard to find I've been driving the truck to try and find the problem and working with mechanics and I must say it's driving me mad

Do you have any logged codes?

Have you ever replaced the EPS?

Did you check return fuel for air bubbles?

Did you check Check valve in cooling plate?

Did you try Bypassing ECM cooling plate?

I'm sending you a offer for a phone call so we can go over everything to make it easier and find this quicker it's up to you let me know.

I took the time to answer you Please take the time to reply/Rate me with stars at top of page so I get credit from the site for my time.
Thank You!.