Chad, Technician
Experience:  17 years experience lead equipment technician and troubleshooter Mining equipment expert

Have a 1999-2000 fleetwood discovery diesal pusher. Just

Customer Question

Have a 1999-2000 fleetwood discovery diesal pusher.
Just removed the alternator.
Where can I get a new/rebuilt one? Or have this one rebuilt?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Chad replied 4 months ago.
Hi my name is***** going to see if I can help you find a replacement. 1st thing I need to know it who makes the engine in your RV, and 2nd where is the city and state your located in to see if I can find someone local to you to get you one.Also, if you have any info off the tag on the alternator, that would be a big help.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you, Chad.
I'm in St Francisville, LA.
CUMMINS engine.
Expert:  Chad replied 4 months ago.
Hello again.
There seems to be quite a few possible alternators and engines that could've been in the chassis to get you a specific number I'm going to need some more info. Any info off the tag would be great, but at the very least the model and serial number off the engine or the chassis number
That said I made some calls and found a shop that can rebuild/exchange yours. There in Baton Rouge. At the very least, these guys specialize in starters and alternators and should be able to help you out with locating a replacement or rebuilding yours.Dupre's Alternator-Starter Service. (###) ###-####
Just check prices both ways as sometime it costs more to rebuild yours then to buy a rebuilt unit.
Another option is Napa. They can get H.D. Alternators as we use the local napa for heavy equipment alternators all the time. If you take it into them, they should have no problems finding a replacement unit.As a last resort, try anywhere that does dump truck repairs. Most of the Cummings engines in motor homes are the same as dump trucks. I know that they should be able to find a replacement for you.If you need anymore help, let me know.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks Chad.
Model 10459189 22S1 or I
Ser# *****
Volts 12
Amps 130
Genuine Delco Remy
Expert:  Chad replied 4 months ago.
That's what I needed!
It's a 22SI alternator
Here are your cross reference numbers.Napa - MBI RA122001X or
TWD 10459189
Autozone - 8078N-1 or
8078NI'm going to add a link to Delco website for that alternator that will give you a list of all possible alternators that can interchange with that, plus some higher output model number if you wanted to go that route too. You should be able to take a print out of that page to any parts store and they should be to cross that to a number they can get for you. (Napa, Carquest, ect)Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.
Expert:  Chad replied 4 months ago.
Sorry forgot the link...
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks,Chad. I've always used NAPA. That's where I'm heading tomorrow. My job in Louisiana is over soon; and I want to be able to get back to Montana.This site is very helpful!
Expert:  Chad replied 4 months ago.
No problem at all.
Let me know if you can be of any other assistance
Expert:  Chad replied 4 months ago.
I almost forgot. If I've been helpful, please dont forget to rate my answer.Thanks.